Sunday 14 October 2018

SOME MORE NEWS FROM LIDIA!!



Lidia has already sent another interesting mail narrating how her days are going in Canada.
I was atonished with the day they celebrateThanksgiving, it´s in OCTOBER!!!!!!
Diffferent from the States....
Anyway let´s now more about this canandian
celebration.














Thanksgiving in 2018 is Monday, October 8. Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated on the second Monday of October each year and it's an official statutory holiday... Let´s read  Lidia´s message......



As you probably know Fall just recently arrived and it's leaving us wonderful spots here with the trees and specially the maple leafs, the national symbol of Canada. 
I went the other day to a Fall Festival in a town very close to Sussex called Waterford. We went up on a chair-lift and enjoyed the amazing spots on our way down by foot!



And as you may know, Thanksgiving was last Monday on October 8th so I had a typical Turkey supper with my host-mum family Tha day before. God, it's true they are heavy meals. I ended up a bit stuffed but I am still alive hehehe.


It was a nice and lovely environment in family. I really felt comfortable very welcomed by the family. Canadians are very caring and welcoming. They are also very mind open and kind so it's easy to deal with them. They are always willing to learn about new cultures!
I hope any of you have the opportunity to come to this amazing country anytime.

I really want to thank Lidia for this wonderful opportunity you are offering us, getting in touch with Canadian culture first-hand and from a former student who was in the same classrooms where students, who are now reading this post ,  are. You are a good precedent to follow.

AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving already, Lidia, and in no time you will be celebrating a Canadian Halloween, I'm looking forward to it!
    Yhank you for your posts, they are great!

    ReplyDelete