Wednesday 10 October 2018

A GREAT FORMER STUDENT!!

A GREAT FORMER STUDENT!!
In our school we are sometimes visited for former students who miss partners, teachers...definitely looking back on  old, good memories. Lidia is one of these students who always have a hello to El Villar teachers  once in a while.
Last time she was in, we were surprised with this wonderful piece of new: "I got an Amancio Ortega grant and I will be travelling to Canada soon".



 Do you want to know more abour her? Click on read more:

 Hello Yolanda and greetings to all the people in El Villar!
This is Lidia. 
I am going to study this school year in Canada and I will be updating my adventure as I discover new things. 

I am writing from Sussex, a small town in the province of New Brunswick, in the east of Canada. While I am here I will be living with host mum Tanya and her two dogs, Pyxis and Zeus. 



My school is called Sussex Regional High School and it's actually near the downtown but I take every morning the School Bus, the typical yellow one to get there. I started on September 4th.
There are more international students from Germany, Turkey and Colombia that go to the same high school and live in the town or around the place. We all have the same coordinator as well that organises a bunch of activities during the year trough the program for the international students. 


School is so different here! I have a big locker as almost everybody does and I have some really interesting courses from the whole lot I could have chosen.
But the first thing we do everyday when the first period starts is to stand for the national anthem of Canada.
They have a big speaker in every classroom that they use for that and giving the announcements at lunch time or calling somebody to the office. Big difference right?
And of course, every teacher has its own classroom.
And what I've done so far apart from high school is going to the Atlantic Balloon Fiesta (which I encourage you to look up in the internet), go hiking, cruising, go to a drive-in to see movies, kayaking, square dancing and a bunch of other things with my host mum and international students.


I really want to thank you so much  for telling us how you are dealing with this wonderful experience, we hope to have some more news about you!!



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and thank you for the support you are giving to this!

      Delete
  2. Hey, Lidia, it's so wonderful you are sharing your experience through the school blog! Last year you were following me in the blog, this year I am following you.
    Enjoy it as much as possible, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete